I bought Ginny partly because she was the 'type' of horse I really, really like. Breed didn't really enter into my search at first. I'm no expert, but I can tell you what I like vs what I wish was improved.
- Love her head. Love the little bit of a dished profile and the big, expressive eyes.
- A little 'meh' on the neck. It could be a teeny bit longer and less thick.
- That back - my number one dislike - it's long by any standard, although I do feel it's put together alright otherwise and is strong.
- Shoulder. I'm OK with it. It's big and I wish her neck tied in more nicely.
-Hindquarters. Again, meh. They're nice enough, but proportionally look a little too light compared to that big front end.
-Legs/feet. Her legs are one of her strengths. They're very correct and she's probably the first horse I've owned that honestly moves completely straight. Her feet are awesome. I'll be surprised if she ever needs shoes or anything more than a basic trim.
-General. I don't think she's what the traditional cob breeders ideally look for. She's very tall and not overly wide and cobby. She's pretty light in bone for a cob. But overall, I liked her because I felt she was a nice compromise between athleticism and strength.
|Not an ideal confo pic, as her front end is closer to the camera than the back, but you get the idea|
12. Horse’s favorite riding exercise
Trails. Hands down, she loves them. In the arena, she finds lateral movements pretty easy, and loves to try to show you her extended trot.
13. Favorite spa day products
Cowboy Magic anything. Smells great and works even better. For Ginger the whitening spray is extra handy for those socks.
14. Three best things about your horse
She's very kind. Not a mean or grumpy bone in her body.
She's smart. It's a double edged sword for sure, but since she's so honest so far her talents are used for good rather than evil.
She has an amazing work ethic. Honest and will give you 110% any day of the week
15. Favorite picture of your horse:
This one is so...her. "The OMG what are you doing? I can't stay away" curiousity with the "will the camera eat me? I'm ready to run" drama :)