Sunday 27 July 2014

Meet Bridget!

I'm really excited to say that the little bay mare is going to be coming home to live with Ginger just as soon as we can arrange hauling.


 Little bay mare does come with a name: Bridget Jones. I have no intention of changing it since I find it a lot funnier than I probably should. (And yes, it's her registered name as well - double bonus points :)

Bridget's pedigree is here. It's also her birthday today, she's turning 5. She shares the same granddam as Ginger, but beyond that they're not related since Ginger originally came to be sold from a breeder in another area. Bridget also appears to have some Sec C breeding back there a bit, which may explain why at 14hh she is quite a bit smaller than her parents.

Me and my new pony on a test ride figuring out the steering situation. Please ignore the interesting tack choices - it was all borrowed. 
I'm quite excited about this - I feel like we're going to get along great, and it will be wonderful for Ginger to have a steadier buddy to head out and about with. While Bridget's personality/way of going is not anywhere near as big and 'look at me' as Ginger, she's super sensible and levelheaded and is going to be very much appreciated in her own right. She's a lot greener under saddle than I wanted (trained to pull a cart for a few months - my ride was only her fourth or fifth ever!) but she's got the mind I was hoping for and I'll have all winter to get ready for the spring shows. Also, she's a Welsh D and I'm slightly in love with the breed so compromises are easily made ;) By all accounts she is excellent with the cart and been all over the roads with it, so it's nice to know she's been out and about a lot more than the usual. I'm going to have to read up on driving cues to see if there is maybe an easy way to transition some of her previous training to under saddle work.

So freakin cute. Apparently my ultimate weakness is bay cobs with white blazes. Besides, my silly sense of humor will get endless enjoyment out of the fact that Ginger now has a Mini Me.




SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Yay!! She's cute!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! She's adorable :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her name & am so glad you've found each other. Herself & G will get on like a house on fire.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He nervous about it because he hasn't met her, but I think he'll love her!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. She's precious! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new horse!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig