Thursday 4 December 2014

Frozen

We're still enjoying a little too much ice and frozen ground to make me feel totally comfortable heading out on a ride. The majprity of our snow has melted, but in the shady areas it's still intact and icy (ie all the trails I ride!) I know lots of you readers are braver than me about such things, but this seriously only happens for a few days every winter here and I usually just opt to give the ponies a mini break and play it safe. 

So, instead of a ride, yesterday Ginger enjoyed a spa day. Here's a few cute pics:

Weird iPhone rather than my grooming made her glow, but I like it

This is the suspicious look. I was talking to her and I guess she didn't like what I had to say

Making progress with that tail!

And mane...the sweet itch is gone, thank goodness and the hair is growing back

My favorite one from yesterday. Love her winter beard ha ha
We're supposed to be back to warmer temps tomorrow, which is good because I have a lesson!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. She is adorable, I too play it safe when risk of ice, snow & slippage. Not worth the stress & worry in my book.
    Spa days & photo ops are totes legit horsing activities ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were kids a friend had a bad fall that way, I'm scared of the ice for good I think. Spa days are my favorite :)

      Delete
  2. that forelock flip - so stinkin cute! and re: icy conditions, best to wait until allll the footing is clear, otherwise you risk taking a spill when you least expect it (ask me how i know lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you were ok! She has a lovely forelock...the rest of the mane is a challenge though!

      Delete
  3. I think it's a post-grooming glow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better - that pic is pre grooming :) She's just shiny and happy!

      Delete
  4. My pony has a horrible forelock...we envy her lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget has a terrible one too, so I feel your pain!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am so not fussy about my own appearance, and don't think I've ever set foot in a spa, yet I get anxious if my horses don't get at least one 'spa day' a week lol

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig