Wednesday 20 May 2015

Banking The Hours

Nothing too exciting to report on the riding front around here. I've been putting in as many hours in the saddle as I can since my days of nearly unlimited barn time are coming to an end. I've found a super cute place for me to rent and live in during the week while I'm away working...it's not waterfront, but it's super close and in a vacation-y kind of area. I think I'll enjoy the vibe there - maybe make me feel like I'm on vacation when I'm not working!
Left lead canter a lot more presentable
Right still pretty lean-y

But at least it's uphill on the long side? 


Love this leg yield one as she's actually reaching under and over with that hind leg rather than just shuffling over slowly.

Her standard trot





I've been putting in a lot of hours at the ring. I've set these goals of showing and getting out there this summer, so I feel like I need to put in the time now while I have it. I'm stubborn, so obviously moving to a new town isn't going to interfere with those plans if I can help it lol. I still haven't firmed up any boarding arrangements in the 'new' town, so I'm planning for worst case in which she stays here and I ride when I'm home on the weekends. Less than ideal, but better than nothing! Bridget is doing great, and fingers crossed I'll find good boarding so she can come with me. Looking forward to my lesson on Friday, them I'm moving on the weekend. Ugghhh.
Asking for better transitions halt to trot.  Need to get them a bit sharper





SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Awesome pics! Bridget is so shiny :) Living close to the waterfront would be amazing. I would be in a beach chair reading there at every free moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach chair is exactly what I'm thinking :)

      Delete
  2. love the pictures! she's really looking so good recently :) good luck with the move - and hopefully you find a boarding place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures! I hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great! I have to admit that I'm jealous of your ability to get pictures of your rides :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bribe best husband with coffee and sometimes lunch at a neat pub style place that's out there - he likes the outings, just not so keen on taking pictures lol

      Delete
  5. I would definitely say that is some uphill canter on that longside. Sheesh! She is looking wonderful. Good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She has a super cute canter in the field, it's neat to see we're getting glimpses of it when I'm riding!

      Delete
  6. Her canter is definitely coming right along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! Better canter = jumping lessons soon :)

      Delete
  7. WHAT! Check out that uphill canter moment! Wow. That is amazing. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Next goal... keep that impulsion, and add a lot more softness! I'm going to need a lot of help lol

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig