Monday 31 October 2016

Forward Looking Statement

Title as such because we all know plans change!


As a quick recap, we had a pretty busy spring and summer show season, followed by a quieter fall season. Looking ahead, I'm thinking we're going to keep things pretty quiet until early spring. (2017 goals include dressage shows at Second level, jumpers at 2'9" and eventing at pre-entry) We're in a bit of a weird spot training wise and I'm burnt out, so redirecting show $ to clinics and lessons, (plus the odd shopping splurge! ) seems the right thing to do.

Here's our tentative plan through Feb:

November:

-Lessons twice weekly.
-Dressage clinic
-Fraser Valley Hunt - Opening Day Hunt
-Clear Rounds Day

December:

-Lessons twice weekly
-Two week tropical vacation for me

January:

-Lessons twice weekly
-Dressage clinic

February:

-Lessons twice weekly
-Southlands dressage schooling show
-MREC schooling 2 phase

Following February, the calendar fills up super quickly! Expect a show season planning post sometime mid January.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. That sounds like a great plan. I'm hoping to focus as much as possible on riding and lessons but it will all depend on weather. The two week tropical vacation sounds good too! I'm going for one week in January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for tropical vacation time!

      Delete
  2. ha i love this post's title. definitely something i can get behind!! also your winter plan sounds fantastic too.

    it's so funny how our perspectives change over time or depending on circumstances. i totally see how this plan feels comparatively 'quiet' considering the rest of your year (or, for instance, my 2015) - tho right now, compared to my current world, that proposed plan would look like a relatively big exciting ramp up in activity for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely slow season here, but you're right, the above would have been a crazy busy schedule for me a couple of years ago!Eventing barns = crazy :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good plan!! Hope it all works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your winter plans sound great - you'll be poised to tackle your goals in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the fancy photos you make!

    Sounds like a nice winter plan, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy photos because I have no real ones lol

      Delete
  6. Lovely plan! Will have to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting your own horse SOON. End of story :)

      Delete
  7. Um,take me with you on your tropical adventure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh Blogger Meet Up: Tropical Adventure Edition. If I was wealthy I would totally make that happen.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig