Sunday 29 October 2017

All Moved In

In a good example of how small the horse world is, the owner of the farm Bridget moved to this weekend needed a pony brought along from "somewhere on the lower Sunshine Coast" to her farm. The highway through the area  is something like 100km long, but since Bridget was leaving from the furthest end, other pony would have to be somewhere along our route. Fun surprise, when I called to organize pick up the pony turned out to be the mini that lives next door! The same one Bridget talks to everytime we go for a hack.
1.5 ponies, both back there being very quiet and patient waiting for the ferry.

And, she is the sweetest mini there ever was. She whinnies to me every time I talk to her, and trots along on her little lead like a superstar...even jumping up into the trailer with me first try! We were all so instantly smitten with her it was sort of funny.


Beautiful, smooth sailing


I'm a terrible blogger, because I have no photographic evidence of the mini's awesomeness, but never fear, I fell in love with her and so did G and Bridget. You will be seeing more of her, because we are allowed to borrow a certain adorable mini for walks and adventures, and how can we resist an offer like that? :) For now, picture in your mind a female 3 year old version of Cathryn's Spud. So unbearably cute!

B of course travelled like the little star she is, and settled in just fine. There's a tiny bit of grass in her new paddock and so she was instantly happy. I was super happy when the farm owner gave me a ridiculously reasonable quote for board. I knew it was cheap, but I had forgotten how cheap, I've got so used to city prices.

Grazing = pony happiness

And so, mission accomplished, I'm all moved in, B is settled and content, and it feels really, really good to be home.

I go back to work tomorrow morning, then have a lesson on Audrey the super mare Monday night. Wednesday evening, I will be driving back home and Bridget and I will try out this new schedule. I can't wait!



SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I am glad that the move went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It feels so "right" to have her here. A weight off my shoulders I didn't know was there :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on a safe move and new friends. I can't wait to hear more about you and B's adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're getting the hang on this trailering according to ferry schedules thing. My husband G is not the most punctual of sorts, but we were actually there early today! :))

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! I hope this turns out great for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool the move went well and B had company on the ride. Glad the ferry crossing was okay (I do not like ferries, the Cape May one by me made me vomit one time ugh). HA. Enjoy having her close by i look forward to reading all your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bad sign when they had out those little paper bags on the way out of the dock lol

      Delete
  5. yay glad it was an easy trip! hope bridget continues settling in well in her new digs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be really happy there, I think.

      Delete
  6. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A MARE VERSION OF THE POTATO AND NO PICTURES?!

    YOU ARE KILLING ME HERE.

    sidenote, glad the move was uneventful and B is enjoying her new digs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato Mare pics coming this week, I promise. I want to get her all groomed up and pretty this weekend!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig