I'm going to continue my celebration of "small wins" that I started in October.
Here's the intro I posted then:
This post is going to be half recap, half little pick me up for myself. I'm great at setting my bigger picture goals and bench marks, way less great at celebrating the little accomplishments and milestones. I have a tendency to focus on all the things that are "wrong" or "not good enough" with myself, and while being realistic about my weaknesses is fine, this time of year the self talk can get a little too self defeating if I'm not careful.
- Sophie wore a bridle for the first time and it was no big deal.
- No Saddle November: I averaged 3 rides a week bareback on Bridget and definitely noticed a difference in my balance and body awareness (for the better!)
- I had a pretty random work schedule with travel, conferences, and training courses. Travelling solo for work conferences in the big city are a bit outside my comfort zone with my introvert ways, and schedule changes aren't actually something I love either, so I count making it all work while still keeping the horses progressing as a small win!
- I found time for 3 lessons on Audrey, 2 of which were quite fun, 1 of which was "character building"
- Canter pirouettes! Huge bucket list thing for me checked off. Now, to learn to do them well, consistently.
- Lots of time spent learning more on all things horses. Books, video, auditing lessons and clinics.
|B spent the month growing an insanely thick fur coat|
- Sophie and I tagged along on a group trail ride and she was fantastic!
- It's a struggle here in the rainforest this time of year with the rain and the darkness. I'm giving myself a small win for keeping up with maintenance and supplies without outside help for Bridget despite my crazy work schedule and being away a good part of the month.
|So wet, the orcas are invading the streets ;)|