Saturday 25 August 2012

Saturday: Part 2- Sweet, Sweet Gingersnaps

Well, not THAT sweet. But after Part 1: Medieval Torture, Ginger's lesson seemed like coming home after a very bad trip. Maybe like if I went on a trip to a third world country and stayed in a prison or something ;)
Anyway, the point is, I had a good ride. I started out by working hard at resting my beat up tortured body and watching Trainer Girl put Ginger through her paces. I love doing this and it's been a few months since the last time. She's an amazing rider and it's so neat to see how far Ginny has come. I just sat there with a big fat grin on my face, in disbelief that a horse that nice is really mine! She's starting to look really fancy at the walk and trot, much more uphill and round through her topline. I was relieved to see that the left lead canter is still pretty green for TG as well...it's not just me!
I hopped on and attempted to wander around aimlessly, lazing about and enjoying my pony. Sadly, I was supposed to be having a lesson and we had to get back to work. We did some transitions, some leg yield, a bit of collecting and extending walk and trot, and finished with a couple of canters. We were both pretty tired by then so the canters amounted to 5 or 6 strides down the long side and we called it a day. All in all, about an hour workout for Ginger. I know she was not just being lazy because a) she's not the lazy type and b) when I turned her out she cantered a few strides towards her buddies, then changed her mind and walked. We both may be a little fat and out of shape.
It sounds as if over the next few weekends I'm invited to take my horses to an excellent coach about 3 hours away. TG already takes lessons with her on Sundays, so we will share the costs. I'm pretty excited because she is a fairly well known dressage rider who also shows grand prix jumpers on occasion. I'm super happy with Trainer Girl, so if she recommends this lady I'm sure she's excellent. It will be good to get Ginny out and about, and it would seem Lainey is looking for a bigger challenge too.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig