Saturday 27 July 2013

Google Glass

http://www.google.com/glass/start/what-it-does/




Who's interested in these? I'm thinking they'd be pretty great for riding since you could have video and mapping/GPS functionality in a set of fairly low profile glasses.

Of course, I'd probably end up meandering along the trail listening to music and checking my email, which sort of defeats the goal of getting away from it all. The arms of the Google glasses are 'bone conducting' which means you can hear music without headphones. Ginger loves music, perhaps needs her own set of glasses :)

I've been to a couple of tech conferences lately where Google Glass is being heavily promoted. I love the idea and the advertising is great, but since they aren't yet readily available I have yet to meet anyone beyond a company rep who has actually used them on a regular basis. And of course he said they were great. Still, they might end up on my Christmas wish list.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig