Sunday 12 January 2014

30 Things...

1: If your horse could talk what would they say? What would they be like?
I always imagine Ginger to be one of those female leads in an old black and white movie. You know the ones...where every word is spoken with the highest amount of drama/emotion possible. But they're just asking what the man wants for dinner or something :)



2: If you were a horse, what would you look like (color, markings, etc), what discipline would you do, and what would you be like to ride?

I would be a short and stocky cob like pony. Easy going, but fun.

3: How many barns have you ridden at?
Lots, too many to count - I've moved around more than the average person for work, school, etc. As far as boarding, not so many since I had the horses at home for a long time - maybe 4 or 5?

4: What kind of bay do you prefer? (bright bay, blood bay, etc)
I'd have a darker bay with 4 whites and a blaze. Oh wait... I pretty much have that :)

5: Can you braid a horse's mane? Tail?
I can do the dressage button type braids pretty well...hunter braids  not so much...tails...I wish!

6: Do you believe that you have to fall off in order to be a good rider? I think a few falls usually indicate you've put in some serious time and challenged yourself, so yes falls are probably an inevitable part of becoming a good rider. I think realistically a lot of us would be bolder/better riders without the falls though!

7: What do you think is more important: eq or effective riding?
Effective riding is most important - but in most cases proper eq IS effective riding
   
8: Are there any "horse couples" at your barn?
 

Where I board, the farm owners are married. She owns a horse, but still works. He's retired so does the barn chores.

9: Favorite treat to feed your horse?Apples/carrots/bananas. Easy and cheap and Ginny loves them!

10: Silly quirks your horse has. 

Everything. Silly and quirky define her :)

11: Strangest thing you've fed your horse.
 
She ate last years Halloween pumpkins
 
12: Have you ever made any horse friends through the internet?
I've connected with a few people in real life via our local horse club facebook group.

13: Would you buy horse furniture?
Probably not - maybe for the barn?

14: Funniest horsey moment

  My rescue QH, Rusty was full of funny moments. One time I had company over and called him. He came running and was whinnying and my company were like 'wow, he's like a movie horse!'. Then he took the corner from the pasture into the paddock and completely wiped out on his side. He got back up and pretended nothing happened, but the 'movie horse' illusion was kind of ruined.

15: Post a picture of your horse (or any horse) making a silly face that you got on camera!

16: What's a moment with horses that you wished you caught on camera?

So many. I hate photos of myself and tend to avoid them, but as I get older, I wish I had photos of myself and my horses at memorable shows and events.

17: How old was the youngest horse you've met?

Brand new. I've boarded at a couple of places that breed
18: How old was the oldest horse you've met?

There was a little skewbald pony where I used to ride who was in his 40's. He had no teeth and ate mush but was still super sassy!
 
19: Opinion on colorful tack? (like red or blue)
Not for me.

20: Have you ever tried horse treats? Hay? 


Yes, that COB stuff with the molasses. We were SO hungry. It wasn't that great though.

21: Have you ever felt like giving up on a horse? 


Yes, and I have.  I think everyone needs to recognize their limitations. I'd rather find the horse the perfect home or trainer than persist on my own if it's unsafe or simply not working out. It's cliche, but they all deserve to be special to someone :)

22: Tell the story about the horse that you first felt "click" immediately with you (and if you can't remember, most recent)
I don't think there's ever been an instant "click" for me. It takes a little longer to build into something special. It's probably just me though, I'm like that with people too and knew G for a number of years before I ever dated him.
23: Ever ridden side-saddle? How was it?

No - we used to pretend as kids but it was bareback (and difficult)
 
24: Most interesting place you've ridden at. 
Can't think of anything super interesting - standard vacation rides on the beach and in the Rockies maybe. A memorable gallop across a golf course as a kid? (Don't do it - they WILL find you! ;)

25: What kind of horse do you like? (sport, stock, endurance, etc)
 Welsh Cobs! Also a weakness for thoroughbreds and morgans.

26: Do you feel like you have more patience with horses than people?

Yes definitely. If Ginger was a person, she'd be the kind of over emotional and needy person I steer well clear of. Since she's a horse I have endless patience.

27: Is the horse you ride very vocal?

Ginger is quiet. Lainey was really loud when I rode until I had enough and started to get after her for it. Then she starting doing this weird noise kind of under her breath that sounded like she was DYING. G always said it sounded like she was whinnying but her 'batteries were dying' LOL

28: Ever ridden in the sunset? 

Of course! And the sunrise too the other morning - never thought I'd say that!

29: How do you like a horse's mane? (roached, pulled, long, etc)
Pulled
  
30: What is your dream name for a horse?  


Not telling! I'm saving it for a special horse needing a name.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig