Tuesday 21 January 2014

Ride #2


In pictures...mostly :)

Come on, lets go do something! I love how she is always happy to see me.
More mane pulling/taming wasn't what she had in mind...but a little bit each day is the easiest way to do it - we're just about there!
Walk and trot each way for 5 minutes or until pony is suitably focused.
Steady your nerves and hop on. White knuckles in photo sadly somewhat accurate. 
Relax and enjoy :)

I was pretty darn nervous for our first 'real' ride back, I won't lie. I always battled a bit of nerves when we got outside our comfort zone in lessons or a show, but this was unreal :( I think it's because I feel like I'm quite out of riding shape and not as secure in the tack as I should be. The good news is time and miles should fix that :) I'm forever grateful that Ginny is a kind soul and would never think to take advantage of me. She really needs a confident, secure rider, but today she was quite forgiving of me and just held her breath with me and relaxed when I did :) We did a few laps at the walk and then a couple of spirals and serpentines each way over some ground poles. Just enough for us to get in tune with our steering and brakes and play a bit with marching forward on the bit. It's really amusing in a way - these first two rides remind me so, so much of a first ride on a baby, except this time I'm older and more nervous and the pony student is a genius and suddenly knows everything after the first reminder :) I'm so, so happy with her today - particularly as she's still in heat and crazy for her pasture mate!





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so happy to see these posts! Is she any less...I don't want to say crazy, but you know what I mean...than she was before? It seems from what you've written that she is keeping pretty level-headed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still thinking that through! In a way, yes, in a way, no...I'm going to write a post to answer your question in the next day or two :)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig