Tuesday 27 January 2015

For KateRose

Ginger came out on Monday for some fun in the ring. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it recently, but Ginger is a now a legit Cavalia horse wannabe. As far as ground work goes, I rarely use a lunge line or a lead because she does everything I ask perfectly at liberty. Midge, who can't seem to figure out transitions or being on a circle WITH a lunge line and whip helping, needs to watch and learn. Ginger really enjoys herself too! I think it's a bit of a fun game for her, and for once it's only a good thing when she anticipates what I'm thinking via my body language. I need to video it at some point - she makes me look like a way better trainer/handler than I'll ever be. I did at least take some pictures of Ginger rocking her gorgeous halter that came courtesy of KateRose's contest at Peace & Carrots.

What are we going to do first?
Trot!
Canter! Whee!

More trot


Starting to relax
One more canter
 We reversed and did go the other direction, but I had put my phone away, so I'll leave  you with one more picture of the adorable face she makes when she's waiting to see what's next:

Are we done now? :)


We finished up with me showing G my amazing psychic mind powers in which I move a large horse with only the power of my mind lol. She did some really nice turns on the haunches and forehand, and we finished by playing her favorite game in which I run around and she shadows me as if I'm leading her. It's a little random since I try to be super unpredictable about turning and stopping suddenly or going over poles and things and she thinks that's a ton of fun :) Such a funny girl, she makes me laugh every day. We've had a couple of good rides this week, but we're both still a bit tense with each other when I'm in the saddle. A little 'play' day now and then is a fun way for us both to decompress a little.



SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Play days with the ponies are much-needed sometimes! Sounds like Ginger really enjoys it. I play with Dino a lot too, and it's an excuse for him to mess around and let out a buck here and there... his favorite game is to watch me very carefully until I cue him to change direction, and then he bucks/farts/squeals and spins around the other way. Highly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dino is so cute! Ginger likes that part too. The 'turn' is always a lot more quick and dramatic than it needs to be ha ha

      Delete
    2. That is so cute! I did some at liberty stuff with Gemma back in the day which was fun. So far Be B does not really get it, but then she is only lunged when she is exceptionally bad so no surprises there. She does like to trot along in hand on the halter though, on days I am too lazy to ride. :)

      Delete
    3. I think we need video of both Ginger AND Dino performing these spins. ;)

      Delete
    4. I'm going to beg my hubby to come take video the next time the weather's nice - Ginger is too cute not to share :)

      Delete
  2. Her stretchy trot is SO cute. I love it.
    Her halter is adorable too - suits her face really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great that she HAS a stretchy trot now :)

      Delete
  3. She is such a clever clogs - way to keep her mind active while deepening the bond you share.
    *thumbsup*

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so great in the halter! Excellent mind powers on your part also ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks! I just love that halter on her, as does everyone that sees her wearing it, it's totally "her"

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. I think she shares some breeding with Emi, so it must come from there :)

      Delete
  6. aw i love her expressions like 'ooh what's next!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell everyone she's the horsey equivalent of a border collie. She LOVES having a job and doing the 'right' thing.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. She's so much fun, and so cute I could never be upset with her lol

      Delete
  8. She's got a stretchy trot to DIE for!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig