Saturday 27 June 2015

Hello, Ginger!

First off, I know I said I was going to start back with weekend lessons on Ginger. I said that before I realized just how ridiculously tired and stressed I'd be due to all the recent changes in my life and a general tendency to over commit myself.

It's time to start setting some limits, so sleeping in for the first time in several weeks and getting some real life stuff organized took priority over another early morning lesson. Honestly, at some point in my sleep deprived state in the last week, one of the things I was committed to simplifying in my life were the horses...ie finding a long term lease or buyer for Ms Ginger and focusing on Bridget. Finances and practicality and all that. Easier said than done though because of course as soon as I saw Ginny this morning it felt like it would be the wrongest of all the wrong things to do.
Can't resist this face

Not pee, but an attempt gone wrong to wash her socks. Instead I accidentally turned them purple :)



So funny how Bridget checks almost all the boxes I need in a horse, and Ginger checks very few, but Ginger is still the one I struggle the most with making any practical decisions about and daydream about keeping in my backyard when we're both old.

It's about a million degrees out every day. This is literally the hottest summer here ever.
Shiny booty


So, of course no decisions were made, and my life will remain complicated for the time being. I spoiled the big mare with a spa day and told her how very wonderful she is. Maybe next time we ride?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I completely relate - I wish that life could be less complicated and real life stuff could organize itself. But the horses definitely make it worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The horses keep me sane and make me somewhat crazy...all at the same time lol

      Delete
  2. i do not envy your situation of feeling like a decision must be made. Ginger seems like a very sweet mare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's incredibly sweet and easy to get along with which is exactly what makes it such a hard decision!

      Delete
  3. I can totally relate! I plan to sell Benny next spring and I feel bad about it. Oh well...what can you do!? I also want to simplify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great homes out there...but it's still so hard to not feel guilty when we say goodbye to them!

      Delete
  4. I'm sort of in the same boat, struggling with herd decisions! If your heart tells you to keep her then you should. :) (I know it's not that easy though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it were so easy :) I'm just telling myself not to stress and to let whatever needs to happen, happen.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig