Thursday 29 September 2016

Wish List

It's that time of year - the days are getting shorter and I have more time to peruse the Internet in search of things I must have. Or, maybe its a throwback to back to school shopping combined with available spare cash because show season is winding down. Normally I am not much of a shopping person, but if I'm going to do it, fall is always the time I start looking. If you're also in the modd to peruse, Patently Bay posted a similar wish list recently,  The 900 Facebook Pony shared some neat stuff from Australia, and LWilliams at Viva Carlos reviewed all the belts. All have a knack for putting together useful, but fashionable items I am envious of!

Here's my annual wish list:

 - Noel Asmar City Jacket
Why I want it: Street to Barn in 0.5 sec. Flattering cut and I like the big cowl neck/hood for our rainy winter days.

- Roots Shorty Boots


Why I want them: More street than barn, but would be super cute with the above coat and/or jeans and a cozy sweater. I envision them also working very nicely as my 'after ride' boots with my breeches and the inevitable stops I seem to make on the drive home from the barn.

-Ariat Unbridled Roper Boots


Why I want them: Because I need a new pair of mucking/feeding/trail riding barn boots and I've always used these kind rather than paddock boots or muck boots. Besides, I think they're cuter.

- Swanky Saddle Abundant Pony Necklace


Why I want it: It's Bridget in necklace form for only $15.

- Pikeur Diana Coat in navy

Why I want it: I currently use a cheap hunt coat for dressage. I love the traditional cut of these coats, and the longer length. I'm not sure how this would work on curvy, short me in real life, but something along these lines in a washable, lightweight fabric is what is currently appealing to me.

Cheap Plastic Stirrups


Why I want them: From the traditional coat to the completely non George Morris approved modern lightweight stirrups...I admit to not liking the look, but after riding in some saddles that included these I'm totally sold, at least for schooling purposes. The weight seems to make my ankles happy, and the super grippy treads make me feel pretty secure over fences.


And because the shopping has already begun, here are the things I've already purchased:

 - Elation Hudson breeches


Why I bought them: A 50% off sale, and they are much cuter in real life. Bought in the grey, and white for $75 CAD each. The fabric is a little weird (kind of shiny/slippery rather than more structured) but for the price I'm happy.

 - Horseware Cleona Riding Jacket


Why I bought it: Another big sale, $50 CAD delivered to my door. Bought in grey because I thought it would match most things and work in a pinch at more casual shows. Initial thoughts are that it's very flattering, nicely made, and repels mud like crazy! I went on an epic mountain bike outing in the mud and rain and the hard core riders were asking where I got the excellent coat...I'll take that as a compliment! It's not obviously a riding coat, but it has a couple of strategically placed side/rear zips that can make it a more traditional fit in the saddle.


Things I need but cannot get excited about

- Stock tie. Ughhh I am not a frilly, dressy person and I hate things around my neck.
- New tall boots. They never fit right, and custom $ make me sad. Shopping for swim suits is more fun than this.
- Gloves. I have tiny hands, again hard to fit.
- Dressage saddle. So much ughhh. Fit, price, short fat pony, and short 'curvy' rider overwhelmed but the flap length on most saddles. Do I want fancy grippy leather? Big blocks? I just don't know.
-Dressage bridle. Please no to the flash noseband...I like the simple look and don't need a flash. Also, cob sized, with a horse sized browband. So, that eliminates 99% of current bridles.

So, for my final riding tack and attire related wish:

To be rich. And to have an excellent personal shopper on staff :)
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. If you do end up saddle shopping, I cannot sing Jen's at http://www.thesaddlegeek.com/ praises enough. I gave her two hard to fit pieces (me, long legs, big person, my mare, short back, massive withers) and an extremely limited budget and she helped me out so much. I ended up finding a saddle of a brand I'd never heard of and it fits me and my mare perfectly. Just an unsolicited two cents!

    Also that Asmar Jacket mmmmm so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am in dressage saddle conundrum! I'll check Jen out!!

      Delete
    2. I really need to stop making excuses, there are some great resources out there. I will for sure get in touch with Jen :)

      Delete
  2. I also bought the Elation breeches during the sale. And have the exact same thought about the material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been so disappointed in them at full price.

      Delete
  3. I love those ariat boots, those are going on my birthday wishlist for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep a 'town' pair and a 'barn' pair I love them so much! :0

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I need to do some stock tie shopping as well but yuck. I like looking at them, but the thought of actually wearing them doesn't appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tying things around my neck is just not appealing to me

      Delete
  5. Great wishlist! I'm going to have to start putting mine together for this fall season :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yes please! I loved the previous list I saw from you :))

      Delete
  6. PS of Sweden might have a couple of bridles worth checking out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard very good things about Flexible Fit bridles, and I think you can mix and match the sizes. Plus I've seen a noseband with no flash. Also, stock ties are the devil, but getting one that's bad ass may help. These are expensive, but I just got mine and it's worth every penny. Plus, super fun colors and patterns! https://www.etsy.com/shop/DocsDesigns1 Mine has dragons(!) on it and is super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome tips, thank you! Dragons would indeed make the experience way less painful!

      Delete
  8. LOVE my cheap stirrups. They make my knees feel so much better and i love the feel of them! I love them, other people love them. GET THEM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coach has them on all the lesson saddles and seriously, every one that uses them ends up buying a set!

      Delete
  9. i <3 composite stirrups too - have loved mine since day 1!! also that necklace is adorable i think you need it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally putting in an order from them, I love so much of their stuff.

      Delete
  10. I love everything about the Noel Asmar stuff except the price lol

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig