Monday 16 January 2017

Tentative Plans

I'm pretty sure I did a show planning post last year and since the reality ended up bearing a passing resemblance to the plan, we'll go for a 2017 version. These are the dates I've booked off work and have budgeted for. Horses and life may have other ideas.

(Also, let's be honest, even if my plans ended up looking nothing like the reality, I'd still write this post because planning the upcoming season is really fun!)

February:

-Dressage clinic

March:

-MREC 2 phase

-Local clear rounds day

April:

-Spring eventing clinic. Possibly x2

May:

-MREC May Horse Trials

- Local jumper show

- Local dressage show

June:

-CVES XC schooling and Dressage % day

July:

-Topline Back to Back HT

-MREC Dressage

August:

-CVES Horse Trials

Sept:

-Local dressage % day

-TBird dressage show

Oct-Dec:

-Sleep in, save  $, prep for 2018!

Bonus:

-The plan this year is still to breed Ginger for a spring 2018 foal.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Sounds like you have a fun year planned! Hoping one of the mrec events is in my future too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make some firm plans, let me know...our barn goes to pretty much all of them. I'd love to cheer you on and buy you a beer :)

      Delete
  2. Those are great plans! Maybe you should print and laminate them and stick them in B's stall so she can get with the program too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking. However, B is a pony so we don't actually want her to have time to prepare/get creative with the program :)

      Delete
  3. Wooooohooooo.

    So excited about the foal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to stay calm and not get too attached to the idea...anything can happen between now and then. But yeah, still beyond excited :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, Topline is currently on my list too (but it's one of the maybe's).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topline might be too easy for the likes of you! Let me know if you're going though, I'll bring some extra beer :)

      Delete
  5. Love it! Looking forward to reading all the recaps

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much excitement! Can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig