Bridget got a trainer ride yesterday and was apparently a superstar. I was busy at work, so couldn't watch, but EC reported B was 'like her old self again' and showed up and tried very hard to be a good pony. So that's wonderful, the time off and recent light work schedule is helping! She's still making some noise/breathing quite heavily in the canter though. It's only when she's really working, but the problem is, she should be fit enough that some moderate canter shouldn't be so hard! The vet will be here next weekend, and we're sill booked with the specialist/sports vet ASAP (which means April around here). Fingers crossed.
We have some upcoming events rapidly approaching: A clear rounds day mid March, and two eventing weekend camps in the beginning of April. Our original plan was to follow those with an event the first weekend in May, but obviously I'm holding off paying any entry fees quite yet. #1, we still don't know exactly what's up with B, and jumping anything much longer than a short course is currently hard for her without breaks #2 I don't officially own a jump saddle that currently fits the little beast.
|B powering up the hills at last year's spring clinic|
We'll just be on the wait and see train, I guess. Until then, there is always dressage and the trails to keep us busy! While I wanted to event, there is an entire season of dressage shows we could attend so that's an alternate plan too if I decide I can;t live without a show season and we don't get a full handle on the bit of exercise intolerance we're still seeing.